[FUNDING] Can I access funding for your courses or programs?
If you are you Canadian and full-time employed, our certificate programs qualify for the federal and provincially-funded Canada Job Grant program – a funding initiative where employers and government share the cost of employee training and skills development, and you may be eligible for funding.
The amount of funding available varies by province, and in some locations, depending on whether the trainee is a new or existing employee. Further, there are certain regions where funding is unavailable at a given time.
‘Existing Employees’ are defined as current full-time employees, and ‘New Employees’ are those who’ve been employed for four weeks or less, and were not full-time employed elsewhere for 30 days or more prior to being hired.
For existing employees, employers are required to cover a minimum of one-third of direct training costs. In select provinces, employers may be eligible for 100% coverage of training costs when creating a new role and hiring a new full-time employee. Funds are available to an annual maximum of $10,000 per trainee and $300,000 per organization.Eligible employers differ from region to region, and we encourage you to research program qualifications in your jurisdiction. Generally speaking, however, the following employers are eligible if and when CJG funding is available:
- All private sector and non-profit employers
- First Nations and Métis Settlements
- Some Crown agencies in communities with a population of less than 100,000
- New or existing employees that will fill current or future job vacancies
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) entitled to work in Canada who are currently residing in the province in which they’re applying
If you've done your research, reached out to the funding agency in your region, and believe you're eligible for CJG funding, you may require an official quote from our end.
We encourage you to follow the government links and begin your funding application. If, as part of your application, you are required to submit a program quote from Social School, please send us a request via the Contact Form on our Support Hub, and include the following information:
• Your name, company name, work email address and direct phone number
• The name of the Social School program for which you are applying for funding, including intended start date
• A quick description of what you are being asked to submit so we can ensure to send you the proper document(s)
*Please note that most Canada Job Grant applications require 30 days for processing, and do not allow you to register or purchase the program prior to receiving their explicit funding approval. Please also take into account Social School's 5-day turnaround time on all custom quote requests.